VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello internet. I have been approached with a problem other forums referred to as “limp mode”? I have a 2000 1.9 TDI ALH golf with 350k . Every mod and EGR delete is all I have done to the motor. Every time I start my car, my boost does not kick in until I reach 3000RPM. Even once the boost kicks in, it isn’t at its full capacity anymore. I’m guessing it’s a boost or fuel problem. I read in a forum about the actuator which kind of relates to my situation, but the injector problems I read about seem to relate to it more considering I have the evry mody which turns up the fuel amount sent to the injectors. Anyone have a solid idea what is going on here?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I have no real experience of this but there used to be a lot of information and comprehensive guides on this forum about limp mode - so keep searching here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have a look inside the throttle body, these engines are notorious for plugging up with carbon in the intake manifold. Use a pocket light taped to coat hanger or wand light to shine all the way back to the first 90 degree turn. I realize you have an egr delete but carbon may be from previous. Have seen the entire 2 inch pipe plugged down to 1/4 inch passage. These engines also use a variable vane turbo with a controller on the fire wall and vac line going to the turbo.. inspect vac lines for breaks, apply vacuum to turbo hose and see if lever on turbo moves. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have a look inside the throttle body, these engines are notorious for plugging up with carbon in the intake manifold. Use a pocket light taped to coat hanger or wand light to shine all the way back to the first 90 degree turn. I realize you have an egr delete but carbon may be from previous. Have seen the entire 2 inch pipe plugged down to 1/4 inch passage. These engines also use a variable vane turbo with a controller on the fire wall and vac line going to the turbo.. inspect vac lines for breaks, apply vacuum to turbo hose and see if lever on turbo moves. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Ok I will give that a go and see if it helps

·
Registered
38 Posts
Uboo gave some great tips. I had a similar issue and I ended up cleaning the intake on 2005 Passat B5.5 but the issue was a torn intake hose (rubber) from the intercooler. In any case a clean intake is never bad :)

I would also inspect hoses for looseness, rips, tears and fix those first. Much easier to do IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts