VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in process of modification on 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi, about switch OEM fuel filter to 2 micron filter. But silly questions, there is 3 line going to filter, which one flow going IN to filter, and which one OUT? And where they are going to?

On my MK4 TDi, is 4 fuel line connected to filter, and previously somebody post pics with arrow where each line going to. Can't find info in manual, search on internet, come no result as well.
Any help appreciated

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm old enough to be happy with something new. In my opinion old design was way easy to navigate, and definitely miss Wiki pages now.

Michael

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in process of modification on 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi, about switch OEM fuel filter to 2 micron filter. But silly questions, there is 3 line going to filter, which one flow going IN to filter, and which one OUT? And where they are going to?

On my MK4 TDi, is 4 fuel line connected to filter, and previously somebody post pics with arrow where each line going to. Can't find info in manual, search on internet, come no result as well.
Any help appreciated
All I can remember is the middle hose goes to the center of the filter plug.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Any help appreciated

Also you can use the fuel dampener to check direction of flow there is an arrow on bottom.

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
That is a better fuel filter top than on my Golf as its flat. Mine has a recess that holds all the water spray salt water in the Winter and that corrodes the zinc plating.

Has the link shows.

There is no drain hole so it can run away, I have to oil it so I don't get any pin holes in the top. Mine has a large O ring has the seal you need top lubricate that so it slips in.

That is a stupid VW filter top design.

My GTD Fuel Filter Change

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The top is made well, the reason I want to change is 2 microns, which is better than the original 10 microns. As well as this spinning one that is easier to replace and less messy around. But I can install it only by at the end of July, after returning from work.
I agree that Volkswagen is a great car, only a problem with the filters, especially the oil filter on the MK7, which is located below and still on the way are the electrical wires that need to be disconnected to replace the filter. This is clearly a flaw in the engineers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts