VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all need some help. I have a 2013 Vw Jetta tdi wagon with 92k on it. Bought it used last year with 85k. The check engine light has been on. But ran fine and was told everything is good no need to worry. Passed inspection no problem. Now I was driving and the glow plug light came on. Light is yellow and blinking. On my obd reader the code is p0554 exhaust gas temp circuit fault. And p2002 particulate trap bank 1 below threshold. I’ll attach a picture if I can. As I’ve read through some threads I kind of get some conflicting info. I was led to believe that if the car is running fine with no issues and the light is on. I’m good to go no worries. But I want to be sure as this is my daily commuter car. Can’t afford to have it down hard. I ordered a dpf cleaner. Which is a aerosol can with a hose. In the meantime anyone have any advice or things I should check or be on the lookout. I’m mechanically inclined but don’t have much experience with auto. Can do oil brakes stuff like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Love this community you all rock.
Font Gadget Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device

·
Registered
1 Posts
Likely you need to change the EGT. The previous owner of mine kept driving with the p0544 and the DPF would not regenerate. It eventually went into limp mode for excessive soot level.

I replaced the EGT and forced a regen an that took care of it. See the link below for more info on the EGT. It is a doable job that will go slow and be a bit frustrating at times. The part and socket from idParts cost a total of $100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts