VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the site, the available colors are: tornado red, black, candy white, united grey metallic, reflex silver metallic, shark blue, blue graphite metallic

My current car now is a white Accord...and I absolutely hate it because it gets dirty so easily... yet...it the car's color make it cooler in the summer months...Well... living in Southern California, the white color for cooler temp. preference isn't really much a problem since it's about 60-75 year round.

Anyway, I check many forums and blogs, and I came down to three colors... United Gray, Shark Blue, and Blue Graphite Metallic....

The United Gray...in my opinion...looks like an older person's car...though I really like the platinum gray...or "dark silver graphite..."

The shark blue...um... Not sure...it looks pretty neat though

The blue graphite is what I'm looking towards...but wanted some opinions :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ordered United Grey because I thought it looked the sharpest while still kinda flying under the radar. I'm with Redrocket about not wanting to get silver, although it's a nice neutral color.

Supposedly white is actually the best color for not looking as dirty and I can attest to that with my brother's white Subaru. He's had it for about a year and washed it twice, but it still looks great.

Speaking of car colors, here's an interesting article that came just about a month ago. Most popular colors in different cities.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2009/10/68500875/1

I'm from Cincinnati, and I see why red might be the most popular (Cincinnati Reds, Cincinnati Bearcats (black and red), Ohio State Buckeyes (red)) but I hate red because of the fact that supposedly it is the most pulled over car for speeding as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
According to the site, the available colors are: tornado red, black, candy white, united grey metallic, reflex silver metallic, shark blue, blue graphite metallic

My current car now is a white Accord...and I absolutely hate it because it gets dirty so easily... yet...it the car's color make it cooler in the summer months...Well... living in Southern California, the white color for cooler temp. preference isn't really much a problem since it's about 60-75 year round.

Anyway, I check many forums and blogs, and I came down to three colors... United Gray, Shark Blue, and Blue Graphite Metallic....

The United Gray...in my opinion...looks like an older person's car...though I really like the platinum gray...or "dark silver graphite..."

The shark blue...um... Not sure...it looks pretty neat though

The blue graphite is what I'm looking towards...but wanted some opinions :p
we were in the same boat as you i guess. Wife didnt want silver or black bc everyone has it. Red is too much and Shark blue reminds us of old ppl.

So we had to look at the blue graphite or Gray. Wife liked the blue better so we got that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did happen to spot the blue one sometime yesterday evening...the shark blue looks pretty nice at night...it has somesort of a gleam to it....

i'm down to get the blue graphite...but then i don't want it to look like a navy/midnight (which is the color of my dad's lexus...and it looks ugly)...

·
Registered
135 Posts
You can't go wrong with blue or silver. Red tends to fade and white or black gets dirty too easily.
What decade do you live in? Ever since clearcoat, red does not fade any faster than any other color.

As for opinions on color, I tend to be drawn to less common colors. From what I have seen and heard, black and United (battleship) grey are the most common, followed by Blue (old worn out shotgun bluing) Granite. The least common so far that I have seen is the Tornado Red followed by Shark Blue. Surprisingly silver and white are not all that popular either, but there are more of those available than Red/Shark blue. It continually amazes me that Volkswagen currently has two reds available in the US that are soo very close in appearance...though one is for the Golf/GTI and the other is for the Jetta.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts