VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First to say hi.
I am new to this forum. Live in Minneapolis, MN and currently own several TDIs. 2004 JSW, 2004 Golf, 1996 Passat and 1991 Jetta all TDIs except last one being TD. Within our familly we also have 1998 Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI and 2010 Jetta TDI.
My question is on final procedure when changing TB using Vag-Com.
I am doing my first BEW TB change. I did several ALH TB changes. With ALH Vag-Com was used on the end to fine tune pump/timing by checking and rotating pump. In BEW procedures I am not seeing this step. Does BEW engine not require this final adjustnment with Vag-Com or am I just not reading things right?

Thank you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
its not well documented but there is an adjustment that can be done with the PD cars.

go into engine and measuring blocks group 4.

the last box is called the torsion value. you want it to be ideally on 0.0 good range is from -1.0-0.0 shooting for 0.0

it is adjusted by loosening the 3 13mm bolts on the camshaft sprocket, then carefully turning the center bolt head clockwise to advance or counterclockwise to retard the number.

you are turning this bolt against the pressure of teh valve springs so it will be stiff and turn suddenly. it is a VERY FINE adjustment. and you must retighten the 3 bolts and reinstall the intake pipe every time you make a change.

Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts