VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got a BEW-PD jetta with 77k on the original belt. I have read about the "guru"s that change belt since i dont have the guts or tools to do it myself. i live in jacksonville NC. If you have any recomendations, or are one yourself a TB"guru" and dont live too far, i am looking for someone i can trust to do this right. Please help.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
There is a group on another TDI forum that does GTG at Chapin SC and Ashville NC. They have some very good mechs in the group and could probably get you a name.

I don't want to step on toes here so let me know if it would Out of line to post a link to the other forum.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
A little bit:)

"The factory change interval is before every 100,000 miles with an inspection at 80,000 and 90,000 miles."

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I'd keep an ear open for bearing noise as well. It's often the failure of a bearing in the cam belt train that takes out the belt, not a simple failure of the belt itself. So VIGILANCE in the belts tracking and bearing noise or play.

Why? Because they don't always last all the way to 100k, nor do they always fail at 150K or more. The belt I changes at 88k was looking great, but the tensioner bearing was just a little loose, not rough, not loud, just a bit loose, compared to the others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts