VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Lol, wow. I would be pissed if I ran out and got one over a few months. If you paid a markup over MSRP and lost out on the tax exemption....ouch.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoops, the news article was worded poorly. The WA exemption only applies hybrids and clean vehicles with at least 40 mpg.

The CT exemption applies to any used or new car with at least 40 mpg.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
What good is a tax exemption on a car that is rarely seen let alone on dealer lots? I saw a billboard on the highway for the TDI , called the dealer and they said months before they would have one. Good job, VW!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
TDIs are starting to come into stock. Just surf autotrader or cars.com and you can see leads on cars. Now that credit is tight and dealer traffic is dried up, I'll bet the waiting lists have shortened dramatically...

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I said it at the beginning and I'll say it now, wait a few months and the chances of getting what you want at a better prices goes up a lot.

Almost every hot car goes down within 6 months. The only exceptions are cars like the Audi R8, Ferraris, etc. Even the New Beetle had big markups when it was new.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
$1000 mark up buys a lot of gas....and cars aren't moving off dealer lots. Even toyota has 0% financing, that's basically free money!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
With the recession, yeah I said it, buyers should have the advantage when shopping, not dealers. I predict TDIs on lots by next spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts