VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming I ever get my Golf TDI that I ordered in October, will I be able to claim the $1300 tax credit on my 2010 taxes? I have already filed my 2009 taxes since I haven't heard one word about when the car is coming.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Yes. I believe that the deposit is not a purchase. Refer to the official IRS forms linked through the tax credit FAQ for VW and Audi TDI or use a turbotax program.

·
Registered
135 Posts
oh man! you've been waiting since October? has your car even been pulled from the I.S. Bank to be manufactured? If not I'd be putting some pressure on your salesperson. I would demand that he contact his VW representative, who gives allocations to the dealerships and find out what's going on.

Or find another dealership who might get an allocation for you! Or have your dealership check Port stock and see if there are any unsold cars that fit your criteria and see if they can steal it from the original dealer who ordered it to just sit on their lot. I've heard that this actually works on occasion. I found mine as an unsold unit enroute on the ship, but mine was not taken from another dealership. I just happen to walk into a dealership that had it ordered back in November as an unsold car. If I hadn't done that, it would have been sitting at the Port as an unsold unit where any dealership in the country could have literally taken it from my dealership where it was originally intended for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just emailed her again today to see if there are any updates. My lease isn't up until mid-April so it technically isn't a problem until then but I have almost canceled it a couple times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts