VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I will appreciate some input on the following: a few days ago, during stepping in/out of the car, I noticed that the floor mat presented a depressed area in the middle. I removed the mat and checked the floor. Just by visually observing and manually pressing down on the carpet it is clear that the floor is more depressed in the center. I bought my Golf TDI in Nov 2010, and I weigh 175lbs. I don't bear excessive weight on my right foot/leg while getting in/out of the car, and while my right foot is on the gas/brake pedal, my heels do not rest on the hollow area mentioned.
Is the floor designed like this and been like this all along, or has it deteriorated with time? Has anyone else experienced this?
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I've never checked but it could be the padding getting compressed down. I strongly doubt the steel floor has budged unless you really weigh 1175 lbs! Does it look even when you don't press down?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying. No, the floor does not look even; even without pressing down, you can visually see the recess. Pressing down confirms it. I doubt that I've been putting that much weight on it every time I got in and out of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for replying. No, the floor does not look even; even without pressing down, you can visually see the recess. Pressing down confirms it. I doubt that I've been putting that much weight on it every time I got in and out of the car.
sounds like you need to make an appt with the dealer.... even if you were bearing all of your weight down on this area... the car should be designed to take the riggers of entry and egress...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts