VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok can a VW sun roof become confused?
This morning I was explaining to my passanger that with a deflector on the front of the sun roof it is practicaly silent. I had the sun roof open on the incline, I then turned the switch to the the full open position, wich it did, but for the first time since I had it i disapeared completly with the sliding hide away. oOk so far , but then wouldn't close anymore. It would just go in the incline position againe???? That's ok if its nice out, but they were predicting snow and rain!!!
I played around with it and finaly it closed.. with a helping hand on top. I'm waiting for nice weather to see if it became `normal`againe??? Any ideas

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Lol sounds like someone had fun, is there maybe some sort of control module for the sunroof that could be malfunctioning a bit? I don't really know but might be worth a search but welcometomyturbodies anyway:)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Take apart the sunroof panel switch. I think you remove the light cover and there should be some screws in there. Bend the switch contacts slightly and it should help.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, either the suggestion cured it or it cured itself, but it works fine againe??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts