VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at getting a new Jetta Sportwagen but before I do that I want to make sure there is a trusted TDI-capable service facility in my immediate area (Norcross/Doraville). I don't want to have to travel too far in order to get reliable service.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
I imagine you'll be going to a dealership, at least during the warranty period...

Gunther VW's original branch in Florida has had excellent feedback, and there's a good chance that the new facility in Buford, GA will keep up the same level of work - although at this time, it remains to be seen...

Post warranty, there are a couple of independent mechanics who are frequently recommended over on the TDI-Club... Troy Sentz and Roger Feldt... but if you're getting a new car...

All the best,

Yuri.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I imagine you'll be going to a dealership, at least during the warranty period...

Gunther VW's original branch in Florida has had excellent feedback, and there's a good chance that the new facility in Buford, GA will keep up the same level of work - although at this time, it remains to be seen...

Post warranty, there are a couple of independent mechanics who are frequently recommended over on the TDI-Club... Troy Sentz and Roger Feldt... but if you're getting a new car...

All the best,

Yuri.
I actually test-drove the JSW at Gunther and I was fairly impressed. They are a bit out of the way for me, though.

I really like the JSW but I know that VW's require some "attention" in order to run their best. I'm aware of Troy and Roger but both of them are also out of my normal driving range. I'd be happy to use them for major stuff like TB, etc but I'd love to find a close-in shop to do some of the basic stuff beyond oil changes (which I'd do). Things like fuel filter changes, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use Roger in Hampton for stuff I'm not comfortable doing myself. But have also used Rheinland on Hwy 78 across from Dwight Harrison VW.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts