VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Checked in this evening, and almost half of the topics on the first page have to do with phones, bluetooth, nav and radio/stereo. Getting hard to find the TDI-specific stuff. I wonder if a separate forum for those issues might be worthwhile?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Good idea but I will hold off for now because the cars are so new. Don't worry, as the cars age people will start posting more mechanical problems and other posts :D Then the electronics will fade away. Thanks for the suggestion, to all the readers, this is YOUR site, I just manage it...

The reason I don't want to have too many subforums is because otherwise it becomes like the vortex. They have volume to support those subfourms but it's also impossible to navigate. For example, if you try to search their site they have a tiny box where you have to scroll forever to find the subforum you want. A separate forum just for electronics would have the problem of having different generations having totally different systems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe as a helpful guide, we could just put a sticky at the top of the forum for all or most of the electronics related posts?

That way at least people will hopefully post questions in those related posts vs starting new topics.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
That's another thing I want to avoid - too many stickys. It pushes the regular threads down. One thing I could do is implement a forum modification that shows similar threads before you post a new topic. However, my shared server probably would be slowed down significantly. I am planning to move to a better server sometime in the next 2 months but it takes time to make sure it's done right so that it's not noticeable to the end user.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts