VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to do the spring lift on my 2013 JSW. Just curious if anyone has a general life expectancy on the strut. I don't want to be taking it all apart again in the next couple of years. If they go 150k or more they would be worth keeping. But if they are known to age quickly like 100-110k it might be worth it to get some longer lasting replacements now.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
IDK about newer Dubs, but I'm still waiting for my factory struts to wear out so I can replace them. 2006 Jetta @190K miles. My 1994 Jetta was the same way. I never got to replace the struts on it either. I traded it at about 180K miles. Sure would have been nice to do a suspension refresh with some spiffy Bilsteins, but I never got the chance because both cars didn't/don't need it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to leave the originals. Just wanted to be reassured they aren't a weak point like the HPFP

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I am in the middle of replacement of struts, shocks and coil springs. My JSW has 177K miles and the ride quality has deteriorated substantially at approx 150K. I think my original struts and rear shocks were done at that point. I went for the set of Koni Activ and red ones and Sufflex lift springs (bought the kit from ID parts). I bought their suspension refresh kit as well, which includes strut mounts and bump stops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts