VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I start off optimistic because I've just come back from my first European vacation (11 days of college-like trekking...) only to not be able to crank my 2002 VW Jetta. My brother had planned on using my car while I was gone, but then used his girlfriend's and thus I figured it was because the car had not been cranked in 12 days, but that crazy blinking "Electronic Immobilizier" is on and I'm pretty sure its why I can't crank my car with ANY of my keys. PLEASE HELP!!! I really don't want to have to deal with a garage or dealership right now. Like I have the money right now...

Thanks in advance!
Morton from NC

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The immobilizer will flash if the battery is low but that's not the main problem.

If the immobilizer light is flashing, you can still crank the car and start the engine, it just shuts the engine off after a second. My best guess is that if you charge the battery for a few hours minimum and leave the car on (key in the ignition and on), you'll be able to start the battery and the immobilizer light will be off.

First fix the battery. It also sounds like you might have a drain if the battery is relatively fresh, otherwise plan to buy a new battery too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts