VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my car has started this little rev up when I start it from cold and also the revs sit higher for a while too, the alternator checks out fine and no fault codes. The fuel filter is fairly new, the air filter also and the car drives fine otherwise. The revs sit around the 1000 rpm mark instead of the usual 850-900 mark, anyone got any ideas?:)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I had a look with vagcom and it said engine temp was about 12 degrees so that kind of gave it away, the funny thing is that just before I fitted the new one my temp gauge started working again :confused: Anyway it's all lovely and sunny now.:)

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
glad that you got it fixed! I sometimes have something similar, but it only happens during the sudden shifting into neutral and accelerator pedal release then braking from about 40mph to 0mph. When vehicle comes to a complete stop, it revs up from about 900rpm to maybe 1100rpm for a second, then rpm drops back to normal. So I was about to suggest to you to try cleaning TP connector for drive by wire signal with electrical contact cleaner.

Also sometimes when I come to a complete stop I feel something like an earthquake under the car. That is the best way to describe. No engine noise change, no rpm increase just short shaking for about second-two. Engine mounts are OK. What you people think about this two problems?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check the IQ it might be a little low which can cause a little slow down shudder.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts