VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had this car come in and after diagnosis, it had a hole through number 2 piston. No other damage. The pistons in this car are NOT the same as regular TDI 79.46mm pistons. Every VW dealer I call and send the pics to have never seen this type. We need help on this one. I have narrowed it down to being a Federal-Mogul Nural Elastoval piston. Anybody ever run into this. This car has never been modified and was bought at a VW dealer here in Canada. Customer is 65 years old and just wants his car back on the road. If someone had a used one or would know where to get one. Piston diameter is the same on both styles of piston, but the one we have is a "shorty" and has no cutout for the oil jet. Thanks!!! Pics are attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
So that hole is in the side of the skirt in pic2 and not in the piston crown? Thats strange I've never seen one like that before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have seen the piston on the right. If this is the one you are refering to. Check out hans deisel parts the number is if you cant find the web site is as follows {17046841235} From what I under stand it is to allow oil to enter the piston to aid in cooling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pistons

Sorry for not putting this on the tech side n
Piston on left is the piston in this 01 Jetta. Piston on right is the standard Tdi piston.
It has the oil jet cut outs. I can't believe my first Paying TDI
job comes in and I can't get parts. Thanks for taking a look guys!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I have seen the piston on the right. If this is the one you are refering to. Check out hans deisel parts the number is if you cant find the web site is as follows {17046841235} From what I under stand it is to allow oil to enter the piston to aid in cooling.
Beware of hans diesel parts. It's p-r-o-t-h-e, e-m-i-a-t-a's website. He has around 10 identical websites which I believe all sell the same low quality parts. Someone in NC just had a head break, most likely because they bought from those places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts