VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a persistent "No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation" in 17 Instruments code when I run the Autoscan on my 2013 A3 TDI. Here is the full scan.

This code doesn't go away when I reset the service light, and I've checked Adaptation Channels 42, 43, 44, 45 and 49. They seem to be in order. The car drives perfectly fine, but why is this fault code persistent? It comes back immediately when I clear it. The last time I cleared it was 3 days ago, and it hasn't happened again according to the timestamp and frequency. Will this code simply go away on its own? I've also tried pulling on the trip counter stalk and clearing the service interval that way. No dice. Battery voltage is fine, both while running and while stopped.

For a little background: my car has a DSG tune, but the ECU is currently on its stock tune. I had a Malone Stage 2 installed but I was having regen problems (lamp then limp mode) on that tune, so I flashed it back to stock last week. The car is performing regens fine now, and I plan to install a revised tune that the Malone guys sent over sometime soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

on my 2013 A3 TDI
Car: 2011 Jetta TDI. You need to add the A3 to your car spec.

VAG Error Code: 00003

Fault Location:
Control Module - No or Incorrect Basic Setting/Adaptation

Possible Cause:
Basic Setting(s) not performed.

Possible Solutions:
Perform Basic Setting(s).

Special Notes:
When found in Control Head/Multi Media Interface (MMI), check Adaptation Channel 012 (Telephone Type) for Plausibility.
Details for Audi A6 (4F): Multi Media Interface (MMI)
Details for Audi A8 (4E): Multi Media Interface (MMI)
Details for Audi Q7 (4L) Multi Media Interface (MMI).
When found in Audi A3/S3 (8P): Instrument Cluster:
Check/Perform Instrument Cluster Service Interval Settings (Adaptation Channels 42, 43, 44, 45 and 49).
When found in any other Audi Instrument Custer run and save an Adaptation Function Control Module Map. After doing so try resetting ALL (see note) applicable service resets using the [SRI Reset] function in VCDS. If the issue is not resolved run/save another Adaptation Function Control Module Map so the stored values can be compared. Registered VCDS users encountering difficulty can join and post the inquiry in our forum -or- contact us directly via email with the log files.
When found in Brake Electronics (MK60EC1):
Replacing the ABS Control Module (J104)/Brake Electronics Control Module (J104) but keeping the (old) Hydraulics Unit will result in the Intake and Disconnecting Valves not being synchronized. A Basic Setting for the Intake/Disconnecting Valves will solve this problem.
When found in the Audi A4 (8H) Automatic Roof perform the Adaptation and see the Special Notes.
Note: most Rest of World (RoW) market Audi models support 3 total service related reset procedures. The Basic Oil Change, Time based and Distance based resets may need to be completed before 00003 - Control Module: No or Incorrect Basic Setting/Adaptation will clear.

00003 - Control Module: No or Incorrect Basic Setting for MK60EC1 ABS

VAG Error Code: 00003

Fault Location:
Control Module - Electrical Fault in Circuit/Defective

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Control Module faulty.
Control Module Software Issue.

Possible Solutions:
Check Control Module,
Check for Control Module Software Update.
Replace Control Module.

Special Notes:
When found in Radio or Radio Navigation System, check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 025.1 for Details.
Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 025.1 may not be supported by all Radios or Radio Navigation Systems.
When found in Audi A8/S8 (4E):, Audi A8 (4E) Brake Electronics, this Fault Code may have been stored after performing an Output Test in the ABS Control Module (J104)/Brake Electronics Control Module (J104) without following the proper Instructions. To clear this Fault Code, please perform/repeat the following Steps 3 (THREE) times:
Switch the Ignition OFF for 5 Seconds, then Switch it ON again.
Clear Fault Codes in ABS Control Module (J104)/Brake Electronics Control Module (J104), then exit out of the Control Module.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Technically this is my second post (ha), but point taken. And thanks for the help. I updated my car info in my profile too.

Thanks for the info. I tried everything outlined on the vcds site except for running an Adaptation Function Control Module Map. My car is an 8V, so I think that might be necessary? Hard to say. Anyone else had an issue like this?

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Technically you have now made 5 posts.

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts