VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 JSW TDI- So my battery died one night from the lights being left on. Silly me yes but I didn't realize I had left them on after pulling into the garage and getting out I didn't hear any chime. After getting the car jumped I realized that the chime for leaving the lights on no longer worked as well as the chime for when your turn signal is on. It makes no sound at all. Shortly after my radio just went blank. Well a month or so goes by and I accidently kill my battery again by leaving the car on accessories with the key in the ignition. This time after a jump my panoramic sun roof wont open. The sun shade still works but the sun roof nothing happens. No sounds or anything comes from it. Yes I have checked every fuse I could (except the one behind the radio). This seems very strange for me and looking for ideas and suggestions.

Thanks All!

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
That isn't easy to diagnose on the web. You need to check the current draw with an ammeter. Remove the fuses to see if it drops then you know which circuit it is.

CAN Bus is the normal for battery drain which you can google it

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts