VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GRRR. Could someone please inform me, according to the vacuum diagram sticker under the hood, what exactly is the "throttle actuator control valve" and the "throttle actuator"? Apparently I have these vac lines mixed up because I have tried every conceivable way of hooking these up and no joy. If I hook them up exactly the way the diagram shows, the engine idles fine but has low power and blows a black cloud under acceleration.

So checking to see if I know what the "throttle actuator control valve" and "throttle actuator" look like, alas, no pictures seem to exist. idparts.com says there are no such parts.

Anyone have an idea before I take this thing to the dealer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picture

Here is a pic of the area that has me confused. So if that is the "anti-Shudder valve", where do the vac lines for the throttle actuator control valve go? This was one of the pictures I took to help with reference, and as you can see they are not close up enough to be of any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
After finding a vacuum diagram, it looks like the anti shudder valve IS the throttle control valve and the sticker calls the anti shudder valve the throttle actuator.

Are you sure that the new engine doesn't have a blown turbo? Is the intercooler filled with engine oil?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I performed the tests that were shown on this forum and the turbo worked as advertised. Well, off to the stealership....see you in 500 bucks.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I think idparts.com meant the anti shudder valve and solenoid.

RE black smoke: Have you done a boost leak test? Is there a lot of oil in the intercooler? What tests for low power have you done?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did every test listed in the low power section, including testing the turbo.

The dealer just called me and said I have a bad anti shudder solenoid, which I find hard to believe since it worked just before my wife grenaded her engine. Got one on the way from idparts since the dealer wanted $93 for a $65 dollar solenoid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts