VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help/ideas:

just did the steering wheel swap in my 09 jetta tdi (added paddle shifters) and got everything working correctly. the only problem is now the steering wheel seems to be slightly off (to the right). i am wondering if the keymark on the wheel or the column is off, or i am one notch off from correct alignment.

i have already hooked up my v-cable and reset the steering wheel adaptation as instructed on the various mfsw swap links. i came accross an instructional on checking the angle of the wheel in block 7 in vcds and instead of being within +/- 1.5 deg, the value given was neg ~5.69.

i am thinking i need to pop the wheel off and go over a notch or two, but i wanted to hear some other ideas before i start creating more problems ;-).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
figured it out. had to move over 2 notches to the right. it seems the keymark was off and that each notch is roughly a lil over 2 degrees.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
original owner. i did have a "wreck" a while back that insurance took care of. maybe the techs who fixed everything had to take off the wheel? thats the only explanation i could come up with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts