VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the new (replacement) engine is in and all connected up... is there a routine I need to follow? It turns over nicely on the key... but I guess the fuel might need priming or something... I have put fresh oil in (couldn't get the darn oil filter cover to turn so the new filter is sitting on the side for now). Whatever the sensor is on the bottom of the sump there isn't one on the new engine...should I swop sumps? Got the i warning triangle up on the dash... no idea which problem that is about.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I'm not sure wether the oil level sensor wil cause a problem, it'll probably beep at you at least and I expect you'll get a pile of fault codes to clear if you've benn cranking the engine, if anything isn't plugged in it'll throw a code which might be why the warning symbol is lit up.:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
2nd, you've already probably started it by now, but it's a good idea to first, add a splash of engine oil. Then unplug the injector harness, the round plug coming off the head. Then crank. This will build oil pressure and prime the fuel system without starting the engine. Will throw lots of codes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it going

big puff of smoke and away we go. Now all I have to do is fix the broken end of the clutch slave cylinder. If my plan works I will share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts