VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, first post. So here goes.. a bit moded, 2003 Jetta tdi, stage I rocket chip, stage 1 cam, vnt 17 turbo egr delete. About a month ago I had a leaky head gasket over pressurizing coolant. So new head gasket, timing belt and ARP head bolts. Ran pretty good adjusted timing to just advanced of TDC (VCDS) also 1 year old Bosch starter and a brand new battery. I have been having trouble starting it now. It locks up like hydrostatic lock. If I let the car sit and idol for 15 min or so before shutting it off it usually will fire right up. But if I just shut it off right away and go out an hour later, locks up (not every time but most of the time). I have to hit the key 5-10 times to get it to go. Looked at voltage output with VCDS, reads 13.8-14.3. So I am baffled, could it possibly be a leaky injector draining into cylinder? IQ’ ranged from -.84, .94, -.68 and .86. If it’s a leaky injector (how do I tell ) I’ll send out for new nozzles and injector tuning. Didn’t want to modify IQ settings or do hammer mod if it’s a leaky injector, as I would do it after injector swap out. Any ever see this? Exactly like hydrostatic lock in a gasser.
Any help would be awesome as I am at a loss here!

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum

A good battery is needed for starting which means you need a god cranking speed.

Leaking injectors can mean bad injector seals which need replacing.

Do you have a genuine VCDS cable or a cheap Chinese cloned cable of fleabay?

Good forums won't answer questions about those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts