VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Starter Application for AAZ with 020 Trans

Tags
020 aaz starter
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Keithuk 
#1 ·
I have 1995 Cabrio with an AAZ swapped into it. Recently, I've been having starter troubles and am looking into some options as far as new starters go. I'm not sure exactly what starter is in there currently, but I did some reading on forums and such and it looks like a lot of people are saying that the mk4 tdi automatic trans starters will work with an 020 transmission. Is this true and would it be the best option? Theoretically, any starter that works for an 020 trans should work for my application as far as fitment because to fit the 020 in there then the flywheel needs to be one from an 020 application, right? I just am concerned about using for example the starter for a 2.0 with an 020 trans because its a gasser and the starter probably wouldn't really work very well. Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

#2 ·
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Which 1995 Cabrio?

Manufacturer: Audi, Date(s) Used: 08/1984-12/1987, Model: Audi 100/Avant, Transmission Code: AAZ, Transmission Type: 5S
Manufacturer: Audi, Date(s) Used: 08/1984-07/1985, Model: Audi 200, Transmission Code: AAZ, Transmission Type: 5S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.