VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks:

I just had my 2010 JSW inspected with 12k. Passed with flying colors and the independent VW shop said the brakes were fine. 2 weeks later they are now squealing in the morning. The dealer told me a while ago it may happen when the car is cold in the morning and it happened very briefly after i got the car last October almost a year ago but then went away. The last 2 nights i had the car parked outside and not in the garage and that is when it started up again. Could it be condensation or the heavy morning dew. It has been relatively warm here in the philly area the last 2 days.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.

thx

mar

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
It's more than likely. If it's a problem all you need to do is take out the pads and smear some copper grease on the backs.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
"Yes copper grease should stop the brakes from sqealing and I don't mean on the friction surface"

lol I have heard of people doing it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have also noticed this on my '10 Golf in the mornings. It seems to only squeak until get on the highway (about 1.5 mile or so) which is really only stopping for one stop sign and one traffic light (maybe). Then everything warms up and I don't notice it anymore.

It is kind of aggravating to hear this from a new car, but I don't see any way around it really....

·
Super Moderator
9,142 Posts
It is kind of aggravating to hear this from a new car, but I don't see any way around it really....
Correct it shouldn't happen on a new car.

Well you either take it back under warranty or you fix it yourself. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually have the same problem with my car. In the morning you will notice the disc's are rusty looking and it makes a grinding noise when the breaks are pressed I think it's nothing to work about just try to not brake hard with car for a while until the pad and disc bed better to each other.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
We're used to it though cause we live in cold, wet and windy areas where everything rusts overnight lol. I'm from Scotland.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts