VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new to me 2011 Sportwagen and going through my list of items to repair. Besides the pano roof of course, both the drivers and passenger side seat heaters do not work, lights indicate, but no heat, in addition the drivers side seat back tilt does not operate. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this area? Fuse 37 tests fine.

·
Registered
2011 GOV CJAA/LHD
15 Posts
The seat back adjustment was discussed over here recently: Driver side power recline not working

Re seat heaters -- these are controlled by the climatic control module, you should try to get a complete fault codes scan using a VAG-aware diagnostic tool, e.g., VCDS, OBDeleven, Carista, etc. Ross-Tech VCDS is the gold-standard here, and can pay for itself in one trip to the dealer (ours charges a flat $200 for initial diagnostics). --g

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seat back adjustment was discussed over here recently: Driver side power recline not working

Re seat heaters -- these are controlled by the climatic control module, you should try to get a complete fault codes scan using a VAG-aware diagnostic tool, e.g., VCDS, OBDeleven, Carista, etc. Ross-Tech VCDS is the gold-standard here, and can pay for itself in one trip to the dealer (ours charges a flat $200 for initial diagnostics). --g
Thanks for that link is what I needed will check on the wiring tomorrow. No fault shown for the seat back in VCDS just open circuit for the seat heaters.
02092 - Enabling Heated Seat
009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101001
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 254
Reset counter: 179
Mileage: 238442 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2021.11.26
Time: 21:53:29

·
Registered
2011 GOV CJAA/LHD
15 Posts
Curious about the date in the scan (26 Nov 2021) -- before you bought the wagen ?
An open circuit can be anywhere here -- but one that affects both sides seems to me that it might be common, like a ground (or open connector). You might start by looking for constant power at the red/yellow wire at T10a/3 under the driver seat -- this appears to supply power to the seat heater control module -J774-:
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Symmetry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help I found the issue, and I should have looked backwards rather than going to the component level first. Prior owner had pulled SB29 fuse in engine fuse block this controls the seats, sunroof, shade, etc. No idea why it was missing. Clearing of all codes with VCDS and no errors at this point. Sunshade does bunch up in rear, and perhaps prior owner had sunroof issues. I will start driving it and see how everything performs. I have driven it less than 100 miles since I got it. Prior owner was behind on maintenance and car had a few quirks and issues. I am learning a lot with this vehicle, and have a lot to learn. Thanks for your help with the diagram.

·
Registered
2011 GOV CJAA/LHD
15 Posts
Apart from the dodgy DPF in these cars (ours threw a MIL & P2002 DTC two business days before our emissions warranty expired in March, ugh), it drives nicely, gets decent fuel economy, and has more cargo volume than other small VAG SUVs and wagons of that vintage (e.g., SportWagen 66.9 vs A4 Avant 50.5 cu. ft.). I'd prefer Quattro/AWD, but the FWD under the heavier diesel hasn't left us stuck after two NW OH winters.

You might find this service manual PDF collection useful: sm-vw-aj5.rar
Extract the RAR to a new empty directory/folder & go. --g

1 - 6 of 6 Posts