VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 90% of wagon sales were TDI. http://media.vw.com/index.php?s=43&item=520

Just kill the gas models and give the TDI more options like xenon lights, auto climate control, and power seats. They use the excuse that it costs too much to bring the cool models yet I suspect that if they had adequte supply of TDI wagons the percentage would be closer to 95%. If you take away salesmen who talk customers into buying what's sitting on the lot I bet the percentage would be closer to 99% ;)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The other way to look at it is that they are bringing just enough wagons which lets the percentage be that high. This helps the dealers because if they only have just enough cars this keeps the prices high.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I picked mine up today........My dealer is the #2 TDI sales source in the country! and he sells everyone and could sell more if they would give them to him!!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Why? The new front end visually lowers and widens the car. The headlights and thin wide grille are part of this. The Jetta looks too tall, as did the last Golf. IMHO, it looks much more aggressive and sporty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
IMHO, the thin grille takes something away from the aggressiveness when I compare '09 to '10. Also the logo takes center stage and looks a bit bare by not being completely surrounded by grille.

I see your points, though, chitty.

·
Registered
102 Posts
VW of Langhorne

Hi:

I bought mine there at VW of Langhorne too. White Gold, Titan Black Interior, Panaramic Roof, 16 inch standard alloy wheels with Hankook Tires, Dealer Installed MDI and getting 47.3 mpg and 48.2 mpg on first two very short highway trips with a bit of city mixed in to reach the highway which was I-295 in NJ. I am sure if I could just jump on a highway and go for about 40 miles or so it will do well over 50 mpg. I prefer the 16's as the car seems to have a much lower profile.

Only issue so far was the touchscreen radio locked up at 4 weeks and requested my passcode. Got this from dealer, entered the code and everything worked. However, bringing it in tommorrow for a check up to see if radio is OK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts