VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I noticed a piece of my airbox assembly seemingly loose and resting on top of the fan. I could not seem to find how to orient it so I tried to find some videos. Thats when it dawned on me that apparently my car is missing an entire part of the intake tube- most likely knocked loose and done away with the last time I had the oil changed.

Just to confirm, there should be a Ushaped section of hose between those 2 pieces shouldn't there?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
So I think during my last oil change the paste eaters knocked part of the airbox tubing loose and never did put it back properly. I did not notice my car was missing an entire piece of the air intake assembly until today. Does anyone have what I am assuming is the U shaped piece connecting the two parts shown in my pics?

Please let me know and give me a price shipped to 29611 via PM.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I don't know about mk5 but mk4 air box and such are shared with gassers? If so local junkyard is a good bet but get someone to verify.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or does anyone know where I can get this intake hose? My car has been throwing a low boost code and has been down on power for awhile now and it seems that this could have been the problem all along.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts