VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my new 125 Highline this afternoon! :D Although it was a bit sad to say goodbye to my old 2006 103.

As I'm in Oz it comes with the Euro spec RCD 510 radio.

It has the dealer fitted Bluetooth, which as far as I can see, emulates the "Premium" factory installation functions (at about 1/3 the price). It is obviously a Kufatek Fiscon unit as that is what is displayed in the MFI. What is the easiest way of telling which model is fitted? It shows my iPhone's phonebook if that's any indication and calls can be made from it.

Is the Volk-L referred to in the FAQ the same thing as the KF?

cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you have a screen with gauges like boost and volts it's Basic Plus. If not it's basic. Is it a 2011 model? I guess you got them first because of the time zone difference ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to have the same screen as you get with the 9w7 unit, that's why I'm a bit confused.

It is the 2010 model. We don't get the 2011 until the second half of next year.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Can you take a picture? There is a user album in your profile where you can add and upload pictures or you can use your own hosting.

Kufatec does phone book capability and ad2p.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I discovered it is the Basic Plus unit when I drilled down into the Menus. Are manuals/software updates available? I couldn't see anything on the kufatek website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Only available on earlier models it would appear:

DIS Add on -Extended display of the following data's through the instrument cluster:

Only available for vehicles with red DIS

Boost pressure in bar (depends on vehicle)
Oil temeperature in°C/ F
Water temeperature in°C/ F
Remaining petrol capacity in l
Speed in km/h - m/h
Revolutions per minute

Unless the fact that my display will show

Oil Temp
Speed

means I have limited E-MFA capability?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts