VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At about 107K we've started smoking quite a bit during acceleration.....what do I do besides change the air filter please?

·
Registered
482 Posts
What mods do you have? Your location says stage II. It could be a number of things. Do you have any stored DTC/error codes? Is power normal?

It could be burning oil or bad nozzles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - Smoking

Thanks for your help.....here is an update.

So far I've verified it is not burning crankcase oil and the air filter wasn't plugged.

I'll next get the codes checked and have it checked for leaks.

I'm wondering if it couldn't be my driving style as I never really go fast.....or far (a tank of diesel usually gets us through the month). There is very little traffic where I live and I seldom get above 2000 RPM and in fact probably average 1400 RPM. The only time it really smokes is when I have to speed up suddenly to prevent getting run over.....normal driving it doesn't smoke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - Smoking

Thanks for your help.....here is an update.

So far I've verified it is not burning crankcase oil and the air filter wasn't plugged.

I'll next get the codes checked and have it checked for leaks.

I'm wondering if it couldn't be my driving style as I never really go fast.....or far (a tank of diesel usually gets us through the month). There is very little traffic where I live and I seldom get above 2000 RPM and in fact probably average less than 1400 RPM. The only time it really smokes is when I have to speed up suddenly to prevent getting run over by another vehicle.....in normal driving it doesn't smoke.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It could be a little oil in the intercooler pooling up. When you accelerate hard the oil mist gets burned up and smokes. This could mean slightly leaky turbo oil seals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts