VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the VW coolant is special, is the stop leak compatible with the leak? I know that it's the radiator because there's a little stain there and I'm very slowly losing coolant.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
If it's seeping a little and just staining, then you can leave it for now but make sure you get it fixed soon. If its dripping, then it's on the edge of failure, you should replace it asap to prevent damage.

PS, I'm not sure about stop leak chemistry, but I doubt that it's compatble. Plus, I hate stop leak since they form little balls. In addition, on a turbo engine, a ball of stop leak getting stuck in your turbo = turbo death. Don't use it. Also, if your coolant is pink, then don't add green, blue, or orange coolant, stick with VW .

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I had a 944 porsche with a leaky radiator, used stop leak and not only did it not stop the leak, but it caused gummy gel balls to show up...and that was used with green coolant. What a lousy product, I would avoid using it with any turbo car after seeing what it did to my car.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Try world impex, tdi parts, or the dealer. These all sell g12 coolant

PS, I added the warning about using stop leak to the coolant change FAQ. See the sticky at the top to see all how tos.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
working on this problem still

is there a writeup on coolant changes? The radiator looks like it just bolts in and I can probably just pop it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts