·
Super Moderator
9,400 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

google it VAG-TACHO. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vag Tacho usually works, but I've experienced problems using it with Bosch RB8 clocks - this gave a completely wrong pin code.

What did work was K+ CAN commander 1.4.

Be aware that if you enter the wrong pin number it starts a lockout timer (seemingly 20 minutes per incorrect login) that you have to sit with the ignition on (engine not running) to countdown from - it also seems to increment so if you lock yourself out once, then do a countdown and manage to lock youself out again it restarts at 40 minutes. This is based on what I've discovered on my Golf 4 TDi this last week - a Passat may be different.

You can check the status of the countdown timer using VAG-COM/VCDS - go to Instruments (17) then measuring blocks (08) and go to block 24 - you'll see 4 timers, the first being clockset/dash countdown.

Even if you have the correct key you cannot login during the countdown, any attempt to login during the countdown will just add 20 minutes to your sentence!

My Golf is currently counting down from 40 minutes hooked up to a battery charger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts