VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a big problem. I own an auto shop and I cant find my client key (Passat 2002). I have a Verus scanner that is supossed to program the key but i didnt know anything about the skc and now i cant finish because of this code. This client have been a big headache and now this happened and im kind of desperate. Dont know how to get the skc. The same happened with my own key for a jetta mk4 2001.

i really need help as soon as possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the scanner give me the immobilizer # and a code but when i use the code nothing happens. I dont know if im missing a step or if that code is for other purpose and i need to get the skc. this is driving me crazy!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Is the code 4 digits? The SKC is 4 digits. I don't know anything about that brand of scanner. I would suggest looking in the immobilizer FAQ or contacting that scanner's customer support.

There were a few different immobilizer generations, if the 2002 immobilizer number shows the vin you have gen 3, if it didn't you have 2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The jetta is immo 2 and the passat immo 3. The jetta is asking for the 4 digits code and the passat the 7 digit code.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Did you try looking between the seats and under the seats? Sometimes they can fall to the sides of the seats. It doesn't sound like the versus scanner can program the key.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i think i can get the code with vag-tacho but i dont know if it works for the 2002 passat (immo 3). The verus scanner can program the key but does not provide the skc, so its useless. Very expensive scanner that does nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts