VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2004 Golf TDi. I went to the dealer to get two used keys programed. Rather than telling from the begining that the keys could not be programed they waited four hours and charged me $85.00 to tell me it couldn't be done. Instead of getting ripped off again, I bought a VAG-Com. They instructed me to get the SKC/Pin, WSC, & Importer number from the dealer. I want to Adapt two keys (Chips) and my dealer won't give me my SKC or any other info. What good is all the money I spent on my VAG-Com if I can't get a SKC? Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Yes, also look at the immobilizer FAQ, getting the SKC is not too hard if you have the right tools...details are within the FAQ.

That is BS that they made you wait 4 hours and then charged you. However, they are correct in that the used keys cannot be used. This should have been obvious. The 2004 has immo3 which means that the immobilizer chip inside the key is matched to 1 car and cannot be matched to another car. In other words, only the remote halves are usable. The metal switchblade half is useless, especially since the blade is for another ignition cylinder.

You can buy just the switchblade half, and using your VIN number, have it cut. Then use the tools to program the immobilizer for the new keys.

Also, the dealer can't give you the SKC because they never see it either.

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies
What good is all the money I spent on my VAG-Com if I can't get a SKC?
I totally agree.

I believe VAG-TACHO is supposed to retrieve the SKC I don't know if it does. You can download the software but it doesn't work with the VCDS lead you have to buy theirs or a Chinese clone. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
What good is all the money I spent on my VAG-Com if I can't get a SKC?
I'm pretty sure that your VCDS (Vag-Com) cable is also pretty useless as a booster cable or a tow rope... (or any one of thousands of other things it can not do...) I'm also pretty sure that your hammer doesn't measure voltage well and your box wrench is far from the ideal implement for cutting wood or drilling holes...

However, as with many specialized tools, what VCDS can do, it does very well... Unfortunately you're attempting to use it for a function for which it was not designed...

Yuri

·
Registered
3 Posts
PIN to program key

My plastic key-tag has on one side a serial that is looking like this W012345 and on the other side it has number 12 on top of a another number that is looking like this 01234. Is this (01234) the pin required to program new key chip? On the faq page there is a picture with a key-tag like mine which has another sticker next to the one with the 2 numbers on top of each other that i'm missing.
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a4/vw-smart-key-remote-replacement.htm

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I don't know if it is different in Romania but in the US, they stopped giving them out by 2003. Plus, 01234? That is a suspiciously simple code. It could just be the key code but I don't know. Picture?

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
I think he's just showing the layout of the numbers Chitty. I'm looking at mine now and its W****** and in the other side 52 and ***** 5 more numbers. Now I read in VCDS help it says
If you are working on an Immobilizer, select [Use 7-digit PIN/SKC] to enter a 7-digit Secret
Key Code.

The 7-digit PIN/SKC (Secret Key Code) dialog is used for Key Matching and Immobilizer
Adaptation.

Important: Unless you ALREADY have the SKC information for your vehicle and
components then you will NOT be able to do any of the Immobilizer functions. Please
see the FAQ number 4.15 for information on SKC availability.

You must enter the following information:
7-digit SKC that the dealer generated for your exact Immobilizer ID Number.
Date on which the SKC was GENERATED BY THE DEALER.
Workshop Code (WSC) for the dealer that generated the SKC.
Importer Number for the dealer that generated the SKC.
The 7-digit SKC is useless without ALL of these items.
So I don't think any of the numbers on the key tag are to do with the SKC though they do talk about 4, 5 or 7 digits code below. ;)
4.15 How do I obtain an SKC for Immobilizer and Key-Matching functions?
We do not know of any way to retrieve an SKC for VW/Audi/SEAT/Skoda vehicles other
than getting it from an official dealership. Prior to 2002, some vehicles were delivered with
a scratch-off panel on a plastic tag that contained the 4 digit PIN code. Starting in 2002,
dealerships implemented the WIN2 system to provide SKC's to their technicians and
customers. Starting April 1, 2005, VW/Audi dealerships switched to the new GEKO system,
whereby their factory scan tools dial up the factory while connected to a car. Under this
system, the technician no longer sees the SKC at all and you will need to bring your vehicle
into the dealer to have Immobilizer work performed. VAG-COM does not interact with the
GEKO system. Check out our Immobilizer Page for more information and procedures.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/immobilizer.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if it is different in Romania but in the US, they stopped giving them out by 2003. Plus, 01234? That is a suspiciously simple code. It could just be the key code but I don't know. Picture?
Keythuk is right. I was just showing the layout of the numbers. The car was bought from Germany and the owner gave me 2 flip keys and the plastic one with the tag and told me that with the plastic key I can obtain from the local dealer a spare key. The problem is that my immobilizer has stored only one key and it's getting activated when i insert the spare key and the plastic one. When i tried to add all 3 keys to the immo none of the codes from the plastic tag where any good. When I looked at the plastic tag in the faq section and I understood that i'm missing a sticker. I contacted the owner and he told me that he never tried both flip keys and it used only one since he bought the car from the dealer. It's possible that the other two keys were never added to the immo?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. i need information on how to retrieve the Secret Key Code (SKC) number on my VW. I bought a 2008 rabbit in New York, shipped the car and sent it to Guatemala, i live here..... the car came with only 1 key and i need another key in case i loose the only one i have. i bought a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Uncut with a Transponder Key on Amazon. but a local locksmith want´s to charge me more than $200 for programming the key and more than $100 for cutting the key. i have the Ross tech´s VCD program. is there a cheaper way to program the key in order to start the car ??? either way i´ll have to pay to cut the key, but i really don´t want to pay the $200.
hope someone can help me out.... thanks !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need a way to retrieve SKC

I am also trying to get the skc code to add keys as my wife's '04 Jetta Wagon only has one key and I'd like one for me and one spare. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also looking to gain access to the SKC code for my 2004 Jetta. I've owned it for 6 years now, bought it with 8,000 now has 75,000 miles on it. I only got a single keyfob when I purchased the car and have been "running the gauntlet" so top speak with a single key all that time. Today, a friend of mine who I purchased another 2002 passat from, bought over two extra keys that she had for the passat. One was an uncut key, same as the one from my Jetta, so I'd like to use this new one on it. And also, the one other extra key was never programmed to my passat that I just bought because the previous owner thought her boyfriend could code it at home and save the $100 for getting it programmed. Long story short, this key was never programmed either. So I would like to use this knowledge to program some new keys to my cars. I have a genuine ross-tech cable as well.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
It's in the faq, either something like vag tacho 3.01 or vag commander, I've pulled a few immo codes so far but only from immo 3 clusters, it can take a while. I take it those spare keys have the little immo chips in them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I'm from Hungary, I have an Audi A4 2001 B6. I bought it with only one key.
I want to adapt a new key for my Audi.
Already bought the new key from a scrapyard, bought a blank key and cut it in the local locksmith
(cutting only cost ~3€). :)
I have 3 cables VCDS 409.1, Vag-Tacho 3.01, VAG K+CAN Commander Full 1.4 (from China)
As I know VCDS can't read immo pin (SKC) so it left 2.
Vag-Tacho 3.01 gives the following

Connecting Bosch Motometer RB8/BPV...
OK
8E0920900F KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. RB4 D10
Check for MotoMeter tacho...
Tacho is MotoMeter! SW: 1406
Unknown Software Vesrion !
!!! Access DENIED !!!

Connecting Audi A4/A6/A8 VW Immo Box(Megamos/Kostal) ...
OK
Bitte Adresse 17 eingeben
Go Ahead!
Trying to Read Immobilizer PIN code...
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!

I'm not sure it can or it can't read the Immo PIN, I tried many times to read PIN but the same problem.

I didn't tried with VAG K+CAN Commander Full 1.4 because I'm not sure how to do it.

Do you have any idea how to get PIN without to cost me a fortune.

Thank you for your help!

Bye InFlames

·
Registered
1 Posts
So what is the "good known" way to retrieve the SKC number? Is there any possible way without going to the dealer or buying a cheap chineese code reader?? Im also trying to program my immoblizer on my 02 Jetta, battery went dead and lost coding. Don't really want to take it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
So what is the "good known" way to retrieve the SKC number? Is there any possible way without going to the dealer or buying a cheap chineese code reader?? Im also trying to program my immoblizer on my 02 Jetta, battery went dead and lost coding. Don't really want to take it to the dealer.

Without buying a cheap chinese code reader to retrieve the SKC, no way. Dealers don't even have access to SKC anymore. Check out mk4 key FAQ and immo FAQ to try to reset.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts