VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just pulled the trigger on a 2006 jetta tdi, always wanted one, now i have one :) its going to take me a very long time to go through all of the archives :eek anyways thanks for having me

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not entirely sure, salesman said it was a highline, but its seems to be half of a highline package. Leather seats, but not powered leather seats, dsg transmission, and only the half display in the dash cluster. Car came with no manual, and i have no idea how to decode the vin# yet. Im 95% sure i need to change the DMF though :( Not to happy with the dealer, they knew the whole time what was wrong with it but wouldnt tell me unless i paid the 3k extra to have it run through the shop to get the 40k warranty, wont be going back there again thats for sure. But i do love the car.

·
Super Moderator
9,551 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies
i have no idea how to decode the vin# yet.
Post the VIN number and I'll see what I can do for you? ;)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Do the seats have any perforated surface or is the surface solid? If it's perforated it's leatherette v-tex, aka vinyl, not leather. Go back and raise a stink if they told you it's leather because that's false advertising and if anyone should know it's the dealer. As far as I'm aware, leather came with powered memory seats and I'm pretty sure the highline came with the full screen display. In other words, if those are the case it's not a highline at all. If it's in writing you may have a case for the dealer to take the car back and find one that doesn't have any issues.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seats are leather for sure, car was bought as-is, im not upset with having to fix the car, just the shady business they did, they knew what the problem was and wouldnt tell me. i knew something was wrong, but figured it was a heat shield, the noise goes away in drive, and when the car is slightly revved up. Learning experience for me i guess.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Post the VIN number and I'll see what I can do for you? ;)
3vwdt71k06m665128

i still havent found how to tell if i have a brm engine or not :dunno lol i really do have alot more reading to do, also going to be buying a dmf from bora, do we get a discount since we are in a forum? also is there anywhere i can read/download an owners manual?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You can ask but his prices are already pretty decent.

I haven't seen an online owner's manual for a 2006 Jetta TDI. I'd like to see it too since my used car didn't come with one. You have a BRM engine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
All 2006 Jetta TDI in Canada or the US have the BRM engine. Unlike the rest of the world, TDI in North America only had 1 engine choice so if you know what year/model it is you know what engine it has.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the info guys, just ordered a dmf from Aaron, quite the nice guy to deal with. And if you are looking to purchase something from bora, they have a sale on shipping, i saved 75% (thats alot of savings from 150$ shipping), and i guess every couple days it will decrerase a bit.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i just returned the above TDI to the dealer and purchased another 2006 Jetta TDI in immaculate shape, this time with a standard.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually i believe it is a circulation heater, i didnt think these cars came with block heaters, just circulation pumps and pan heaters. Any idea what the difference between a circulation heater and a frostbuddy are? Is it possible they are the same thing?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Sorry, that's what I meant. The circulation heater heats the coolant which warms up the whole engine block. I don't know what a frost buddy is. The pan heaters are useless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts