VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting regular 404 errors, or when going to the main page, www.myturbodiesel,com, I am getting the generic "It Works!" apache page with some regularity. It almost looks like the system is behind a load balancer and one of the servers in the rotation is not configured properly. Anyone else seeing these problems?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Let be more clear.
When I go to myturbodiesel.com, occasionally, I get just the "It Works!" message, which is a generic webserver message meaning it has found the home directory for the webserver.

The 404s are when I go to the individual forums which is most likely because there is a server in the rotation which is not configured correctly, and hence the URL rewrite is failing.

As the nature of intermittent problems, yes I can indeed post to the forum. But there are times when I cannot even see the content.

Perhaps it is just me and there is something with my DNS. However, given I get to the "It Works" page, that tells me it is a server problem.

EDIT: Next time it happens, I'll capture a screenshot and traceroute.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Sometime a picture wont fully load even though the page has been completed. That is, perhaps just 5mm of the top of the pic will load but no more. Funny thing is it is random. Next day that pic will load properly but some other pic might not.

Can someone explain this?
Ta.

·
Super Moderator
8,921 Posts
I see loads of pictures posted that don't show. Always use More Options to preview the post. Copy and paste the picture link into your browser to see if it shows.

Pictures should be in IMG tags.

·
Administrator
49 Posts
Sometime a picture wont fully load even though the page has been completed. That is, perhaps just 5mm of the top of the pic will load but no more. Funny thing is it is random. Next day that pic will load properly but some other pic might not.

Can someone explain this?
Ta.
Can you post a link to a page where you are seeing this?
-Philip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts