VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have tried out the satellite radio now and I'm not impressed enough to pay out 15$ a month. Do I just let my free VW subscription run out and that is it or is there something I have to do? Called dealer - clueless.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You just let it run out. Sirius will call you when it's near its end (multiple times in my case after telling them no everytime). But if you do kinda like it, just say I like it, but not at that price. They tried to deal with me and I've heard other people say the same thing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
you can get them down to $10 a month but even then its not worth it, let alone the fact it cuts out on my commute because of trees, yeah, trees. OK, maybe a hill or two, but it ain't getting my money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They call it Sirius "Radio" and I agree - it sounds like a "radio". I extended one year at special rate of $68 and will not spend more than that. I use the SD chip slot more than any other media option.

YRMV

·
Registered
102 Posts
Great Deal at $5 a month

I like it. The first time after 6 months it just went off. Then I heard about a $20 deal plus taxes fees that made it $23.00 for 5 more months which they gladly gave me. After that it did not go off. I called as I got a bill for $44 for 3 more months and i said to them cancel. They offered a $10 discount and I said cancel.

They put me through to the guy that was supposed to cancel it. He asked why and I said its only worth $5 a month to me so they said fine.

The "Blend" and the "Bridge" are nice stations. I also enjoy NPR's frick and frack the car guys. In as much as I am having just average am/fm reception the Sirius is nice to have. Between ipod interface, SD card, Sirius and playing with the 9w7 voice features its all a blast! So go for the $5 but do not let the bill bill if you get one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the advice. My free trial expires soon and they sent me a bill for $12.95/month. I kind of like satilite radio but not for that much money. When they call me I'll tell them 5 bucks, take it or leave it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Satellite Radio

Yes go for $5 but be a little cagy. Say you heard there was a coupon for $20.00 for 5 months. If they say no which they will then ask to talk to the people that cancel your subscription. Then be somewhat diplomatic ....that you do not use it that much and its really not worth the $13 a month but $5 would be acceptable.

If you are polite you will most likely get the deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Round 2: Everthing Worth Listening to is on Sirius - I beg to Differ

$68 dollar annual deal runs out in July. Received a mail notice that annual "automatic renewal" rate is $13.15 a month. $142.45 annual + music royality fee of $15.38. (everything package - of which I listen to a handful of stations)

I called customer care and said I would renew sirius serivce if rate was same for 2011-12. Customer service rep. didn't sound to excited about making a annual sale.(or being at work for that matter)

So I say - let it expire.

Any other dub-heads worked a deal this year?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ours ran out in January, and they gave us the $77 rate. I also had to tell them I would not pay more than that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We liked it. Talked to the Sirius subscription people and worked out a ten year subscription for 450.00USD. It seemed like a viable plan.

Your mileage may vary.
cheers
dave parker

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just called and tried to renew at the 77 to 80 buck (6.67 per month) rate per year, but no go. they tried to down grade me to music only for 9.99 per month, but decided not to as we enjoy it, yet use rather infrequestly...

I'm letting it lapse and cancel....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had Sirius radio in my Ram truck from Nov 07 until Nov 09. I cancelled the Sirius account after they merged with XM radio. My reasoning was way too much talking on some of the radio channels. Now we have it on the wife's Jetta TDI. We will use it until the free subscription runs out and will not renew.
I still get phone calls and letters from them asking me to re-subscribe to them. They end up in the recycling pile.
Jim W.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Called and talked to them and told them I wanted the $77.00 rate plus tax or no renewal. This was in may and they agreed. They also wanted the option to renew automatically in one year at market rates and I refused that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i had it in my last car, and i ignored them for a month or two.. and they came back with $20 for 6 months.... so I took that, and then again canceled once that was up but I had also sold the car to get this jetta so I am back on the free thing for a couple more months.

will play it by ear.. i like having it, but honestly, its not worth more than $5 a month to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What a sad business plan.

Even though I called Sirius in June to cancel service - 30 days prior to auto renewal. Sirius still attempted to charge my card on file.

I rejected charge and cancelled credit card and service was terminated. I just received Sirius offer (10 days after service terminated) for 5 months - $25. No activation fee.

Considering - but will provide Sirius a # from a VISA gift card that I will purchase to stop the "card on file billing" money business.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts