1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

This is my first post, so be gentle...

I have an '04 Jetta TDI 5spd with 155k.

About 1 month ago, I was experiencing extreme vibration under acceleration on a 750km roadtrip. I had to leave the car with the dealer, and rent a car to get home.

After a bunch of $ was spent on diagnosis, they determined that the injectors were simply dirty (dirt fell out when they went to inspect them). They cleaned them, and it was working fine.

Yesterday however, I experienced vibration again on the highway (I commute 2 hrs/day). It mostly seems to happen at rpms under 2300/2400. After that, it seems to smooth out. There seems to be a little lag there too.

It shakes at idle too. If I turn off the car, and turn it back on, it seems to go away for a bit.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Can you post the receipt lines showing what they did? Due to the engine, there's no dirt that will fall out of the injectors since they're inside the head. No way dirt can get to them. Plus, VW dealers don't have the equipment to clean the injectors out of the car. They could run a can of injector cleaner through them but that costs $15 and 1 hour even when overcharged.

My best guess based on the limited info you've given (need much more info to help), you have a boost leak at the intake manifold. The intake hose tabs wear down and the hose comes loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice!

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away, and this is my first chance back at it.

After posting, I was able to bring the car to an independent. The computer reported the following codes:

16685 - cyl #1 misfire

18074 - no description

OBD code P0201 - cyl #1 injector circuit

This garage was not able to do the work, just the scan.

So I brought it to a second one, and they checked the injectors, and ran some tests. The suggested that either the adapter/connecter of the injectors to the computer was bad, or there was a short in the injector wire, or the computer was bad.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I'll be checking back regularly now that I'm back with my computer, and I'll check the hose mentioned above.

Thanks!!!
mike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts