VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 bug I had a clutch put in 2 weeks ago and a week ago I got in it and it started then died 2 seconds later it will repeat this for about 5 times then it won’t start at all it will just crank. I have replaced 109 relay and fuel filter. Cheeked the air shut off valve it stays open. The fuel shut off valve clicks when key is turned on and keeps 12 volt even after car dies. I have took a jug of diesel and a clear hose and gravity feed fuel into the injector pump pulled vacuum on return line to bleed it and also cracked injector lines one at a time to bleed them after all that the same thing . All timing marks are lining up I don’t know what ells to do but replace the injector pump. Any ideas.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Have you checked for codes? It can be useful in figuring these things out but it does sound like it could be a problem with the pump.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Another test would be to crack the fuel lines going to the injectors and make sure fuel is getting to them. If you have a pressure tester you could actually test the pressure to the injector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have fuel at the injector when I crack the lines but I have no way of testing the pressure. How much pressure should it have and where can you get a pressure tester at.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Research shows it should be 3 bars (45 psi) at cranking speed (500 rpm). Not sure where to get a gauge to measure it but it should spray pretty good and not seep or dribble out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think it has that much pressure it just dribbles out. I have looked at rebuilt IP on ebay that have a year warranty and are less than $300 thank they are any good.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you loosen the nut a little it won't spray out much. I would avoid an ebay pump, check out DFIS in oregon, they are a Bosch authorized facility if your pump is bad: 888-285-1213

Are you sure you are getting air? Are you 200% sure the injection pump timing is correct?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have held my finger on the air shut off valve and watch it. It never closed. I lined up the timing mark on the fly wheel and stuck a 15/64 drill bit in the injector pump with no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts