VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Hi folks, Need a suggestion.I am thinking to buy 2015 Golf TDI (brand new but 2015 stock) with $5000 off from the sticker price with 0% financing for 5 years.
But another though coming to my mind is to wait and get a used buyback from VW? Does it make sense? Would buying a used buyback be a better deal/choice than buying a 2015 new (old stock)?Would market be flooded by used buybacks? Please help me to decide.Thanks

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I'd say new will be your better bet; just make sure to check the tire dates, and all the fluids.

You have no idea how long it will take for buybacks to start hitting the market...

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I would rather be in a used, if nicely treated, vs one that sat around for a couple years.

these machines like to be used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would get one, dealership in Cleveland only has 1 TDI Passat left, they had more than 10 at the beginning of the month!!!
My family was able to pick up 5 TDIs, we're averaging over 40miles to the gallon.
2 Passats
2 Jettas
1 Golf

They are amazing cars, not a thing wrong with them! My uncle happened to buy a Passat before Dieselgate ; he runs the shit out of it, had it banged up a few times by his son. Doesn't care about it, all because he knows he gets all his money back! Don't buy a buy back, if they ever hit the market, these people still with them are running the piss out of them!

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I wouldn't get a buyback. Read some of the post by people just trying to limp their car along until they get the payday. You could end up with a car that was someones worst nightmare. I wouldn't buy any new car the first year after a model change.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I lucked out and bought a 2015 TDI Sportwagon with only 4000 miles. With the bumper to bumper warranty. $11,000 of sticker new price. :) Sad to see my 2003 Wagon go. I miss the 700 miles to the tank.:(

·
Registered
74 Posts
I lucked out and bought a 2015 TDI Sportwagon with only 4000 miles. With the bumper to bumper warranty. $11,000 of sticker new price. :) Sad to see my 2003 Wagon go. I miss the 700 miles to the tank.:(
Damn, sounds like you stole it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts