VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Shark Blue TDI with Votex kit

22K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  sportriderseattle 
#1 ·
I finally took delivery. And just like mamma use to say, good things are worth waiting for. I LOVE how everything came out.

It has the Votex (sport styling kit) with front lip spoiler, side shirts, rear roof spoiler and stainless steel exhaust extensions.

See less See more
#27 ·
New grille with chrome horizontal accents added. JSW or Highline grille technically. Lower chrome accent grille on order. 3M clear bra added also.

#29 ·
The chrome is a little too bling for me but it's not that bad on a light car. Except for the VW symbol because it's supposed to be that way.
Though I think "Bling" is subjective I would never consider anything subtle and OEM as Bling. I have seen chrome door handles available by a 3rd party manufacture for the Golf and those I would call Bling.

This grille is both Subtle and OEM so it simply becomes a matter of taste.

#30 ·
I am actually in the Kent-Des Moines area. I just saw another Mk6 Golf on the road for the first time this weekend. I was on I-5 driving down to Portland for the weekend. Still waiting to see another TDI.
I have a MkVI TDI. i live up in Everett, though. Blue Metallic Graphite 4Dr.

#33 ·
Looking good.

Is that a red Pontiac Grand Am I see?:D
thanks! Unfortunately you are correct about that other car; my upstairs neighbor that seriously needs lessons on how to park a car. Arg!

#35 ·
sweet looking ride! I've been anxiously awaiting my Candy White 4 Dr with the Sport Styling Kit... I'm looking to do the clear bra due to my commute conditions, and am wondering where you ordered it and if it fits the front lip spoiler
My Clearbra was installed by Accutint in Seattle. They use 3M products and there is a template for the Votex front lip spoiler --- therefore everything looks OEM with no freehand cutting. It fits great despite there is a small seam in the very middle, way down low on the inside of the center cut-out.

#38 ·
New grille with chrome horizontal accents added. JSW or Highline grille technically. Lower chrome accent grille on order. 3M clear bra added also.

Did you have top buy an entire new grille (with chrome) and lower section? Or can you just order the chrome inserts from the dealer and install them? I was thinking of doing this as well because a lot of early 2010's left the factory with the chrome sets.

Thanks!

#39 ·
Did you have top buy an entire new grille (with chrome) and lower section? Or can you just order the chrome inserts from the dealer and install them? I was thinking of doing this as well because a lot of early 2010's left the factory with the chrome sets.

Thanks!
I did buy a complete upper and lower grille. They are completely different grilles so one can not just add the chrome to the all black ones. I went thru Bud Klemp at Checkered Flag VW in Virginia...he has some great discounts to pass along.

#40 ·
I did buy a complete upper and lower grille. They are completely different grilles so one can not just add the chrome to the all black ones. I went thru Bud Klemp at Checkered Flag VW in Virginia...he has some great discounts to pass along.
Thanks for the info. Do you mind passing along the part numbers so that I can source parts?

Thanks!

#41 ·
#42 ·
NEW TIRES & WHEELS: Budapest 18x8 with Pirellis

Nice wheels Dan. Do you notice a difference in the ride with 18s vs. 17s? Your grill upgrade looks great too!....Glad we are finally having some good weather..Dan (Deej)

Quote Quailallstar -

Its funny you should say this. When I took delivery of mine (Nov '09), I had (have) the normal grill, but my driver's side inside door panel was a carbon fiber insert vs. the metallic looking piece the rest of the doors and the dash had. I had it replaced because it didn't match the rest of the car. It looked really cool, and I wish the whole car had it. Later found out that it was one from a GTD. The GTI and GTD each have distinct inserts, with the GTD getting gray carbon fiber. The dealership wouldn't let me keep it, and they had to replace the entire door panel. Those insert pieces don't come off.

#43 ·
Nice wheels Dan. Do you notice a difference in the ride with 18s vs. 17s? Your grill upgrade looks great too!....Glad we are finally having some good weather..Dan (Deej)
ya know, it may sound a bit strange, but I honestly believe it has a smoother ride with my new 18's over the stock 17's. These are a lower profile tire, 40 series, but they were specifically selected to go on a Passat...which is more of a cush riding VW than our Golfs. I was really expecting the ride quality to go in the other direction, but I am pleasantly surprised with smiles and giggles!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.