VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
NEW TIRES & WHEELS: Budapest 18x8 with Pirellis

Nice wheels Dan. Do you notice a difference in the ride with 18s vs. 17s? Your grill upgrade looks great too!....Glad we are finally having some good weather..Dan (Deej)

Quote Quailallstar -
Did you have top buy an entire new grille (with chrome) and lower section? Or can you just order the chrome inserts from the dealer and install them? I was thinking of doing this as well because a lot of early 2010's left the factory with the chrome sets.

Its funny you should say this. When I took delivery of mine (Nov '09), I had (have) the normal grill, but my driver's side inside door panel was a carbon fiber insert vs. the metallic looking piece the rest of the doors and the dash had. I had it replaced because it didn't match the rest of the car. It looked really cool, and I wish the whole car had it. Later found out that it was one from a GTD. The GTI and GTD each have distinct inserts, with the GTD getting gray carbon fiber. The dealership wouldn't let me keep it, and they had to replace the entire door panel. Those insert pieces don't come off.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Nice wheels Dan. Do you notice a difference in the ride with 18s vs. 17s? Your grill upgrade looks great too!....Glad we are finally having some good weather..Dan (Deej)
ya know, it may sound a bit strange, but I honestly believe it has a smoother ride with my new 18's over the stock 17's. These are a lower profile tire, 40 series, but they were specifically selected to go on a Passat...which is more of a cush riding VW than our Golfs. I was really expecting the ride quality to go in the other direction, but I am pleasantly surprised with smiles and giggles!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.