VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I am taking delivery of a white 2010 Golf TDI next Tues. Interested in the body kit, poss rear spoiler first then add parts. Where can the parts be ordered? Thanks
right thru your VW part's department. your salesman should be able to get it all done for you.

I bet you're getting excited about now! ;)

Yes, we should all (Vin, Pearl and Casper) all get together for a group photo shoot. I did indeed luck out with the weather on delivery day. Do you get down south often?

I've seen on united gray 2dr here in West Seattle and a GTI also here.
looks good. a group photo would be interesting :D

Discussion starter · #25 ·
How much did you pay for the paint job/installation and parts?
$2000+ for the lip spoiler, side skirts and roof spoiler and stainless exhaust tips

I am considering adding a spoiler.
I have not seen any pictures as good as these.
Good job. Thank you.:D
You have provided a very good photograph of the Votex spoiler fitment.
My goal is to find a spoiler that blends well with existing body-lines.
Particularly the line along the hatch door gap.
Notice were the spoiler joins the hatch, there appears to be a gap between the edge of the spoiler and the edge of the hatch creating a new body line.
If this new body-line is as prominent in-person as it is in the picture, the Votex spoiler is not for me.

Thanks again for the pictures.
Probably saved me some money.:nana2:

Attachments

Discussion starter · #27 ·
New grille with chrome horizontal accents added. JSW or Highline grille technically. Lower chrome accent grille on order. 3M clear bra added also.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
The chrome is a little too bling for me but it's not that bad on a light car. Except for the VW symbol because it's supposed to be that way.
Though I think "Bling" is subjective I would never consider anything subtle and OEM as Bling. I have seen chrome door handles available by a 3rd party manufacture for the Golf and those I would call Bling.

This grille is both Subtle and OEM so it simply becomes a matter of taste.

I am actually in the Kent-Des Moines area. I just saw another Mk6 Golf on the road for the first time this weekend. I was on I-5 driving down to Portland for the weekend. Still waiting to see another TDI.
I have a MkVI TDI. i live up in Everett, though. Blue Metallic Graphite 4Dr.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Highline conversion complete: lower grill now added

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Looking good.

Is that a red Pontiac Grand Am I see?:D
thanks! Unfortunately you are correct about that other car; my upstairs neighbor that seriously needs lessons on how to park a car. Arg!

sweet looking ride! I've been anxiously awaiting my Candy White 4 Dr with the Sport Styling Kit... I'm looking to do the clear bra due to my commute conditions, and am wondering where you ordered it and if it fits the front lip spoiler

Discussion starter · #35 ·
sweet looking ride! I've been anxiously awaiting my Candy White 4 Dr with the Sport Styling Kit... I'm looking to do the clear bra due to my commute conditions, and am wondering where you ordered it and if it fits the front lip spoiler
My Clearbra was installed by Accutint in Seattle. They use 3M products and there is a template for the Votex front lip spoiler --- therefore everything looks OEM with no freehand cutting. It fits great despite there is a small seam in the very middle, way down low on the inside of the center cut-out.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
NEW TIRES & WHEELS: Budapest 18x8 with Pirellis

New grille with chrome horizontal accents added. JSW or Highline grille technically. Lower chrome accent grille on order. 3M clear bra added also.

Did you have top buy an entire new grille (with chrome) and lower section? Or can you just order the chrome inserts from the dealer and install them? I was thinking of doing this as well because a lot of early 2010's left the factory with the chrome sets.

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Did you have top buy an entire new grille (with chrome) and lower section? Or can you just order the chrome inserts from the dealer and install them? I was thinking of doing this as well because a lot of early 2010's left the factory with the chrome sets.

Thanks!
I did buy a complete upper and lower grille. They are completely different grilles so one can not just add the chrome to the all black ones. I went thru Bud Klemp at Checkered Flag VW in Virginia...he has some great discounts to pass along.

I did buy a complete upper and lower grille. They are completely different grilles so one can not just add the chrome to the all black ones. I went thru Bud Klemp at Checkered Flag VW in Virginia...he has some great discounts to pass along.
Thanks for the info. Do you mind passing along the part numbers so that I can source parts?

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.