VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Shark Blue TDI with Votex kit

22K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  sportriderseattle 
#1 ·
I finally took delivery. And just like mamma use to say, good things are worth waiting for. I LOVE how everything came out.

It has the Votex (sport styling kit) with front lip spoiler, side shirts, rear roof spoiler and stainless steel exhaust extensions.

See less See more
#3 ·
Excellent photos! Can I use it as an example of a shark blue? They really highlight the car. I can see the flaps on the side skirts for the jack stands.
oh sure. have at it.

#5 ·
He looks great Sportsrider! Its almost better you had to wait until Wedenesday, because there was rain on Tuesday. Your pictures would not have looked as good. Nice shots on Alki! I really like the body kit, and the spoiler! Now we have to get your Shark, Peral and Vin together for a Seattle family photo. ;) Other than mine, I have not seen any other Golf Mk6 TDIs driving on the road yet, only on a dealership lot.

#6 ·
He looks great Sportsrider! Its almost better you had to wait until Wedenesday, because there was rain on Tuesday. Your pictures would not have looked as good. Nice shots on Alki! I really like the body kit, and the spoiler! Now we have to get your Shark, Peral and Vin together for a Seattle family photo. ;) Other than mine, I have not seen any other Golf Mk6 TDIs driving on the road yet, only on a dealership lot.
Yes, we should all (Vin, Pearl and Casper) all get together for a group photo shoot. I did indeed luck out with the weather on delivery day. Do you get down south often?

I've seen on united gray 2dr here in West Seattle and a GTI also here.

#8 ·
Nice to see the sun over Elliott Bay! My shark blue 2-dr is supposed to be on the ship heading for San Francisco. I like your stainless tips!
:nana2:

congrats. I assume you're getting all giddy by now. You're gonna love your new car.

San Fran? I thought the only ship on the west coast came into San Diego?

#9 ·
So this kit is fitted at the factory or the port? Looks good!

#10 ·
Gratz on the kit and nice ride! Larson in Tacoma and Hanson in Olympia both performed an effective jedi mind trick on me when buying my 10 Golf TDI that the "Sport Style Kit" is just not available. Now I'm ticked... time to call the dealership on this. I have a 72 hour return gaurantee I may put in effect. Its been less than 24 so far.

#12 ·
Did you edit those photos or do you just have a really good camera!:thumbsup
a very pricey camera. ;) (tax write-off for my job)

#13 ·
So this kit is fitted at the factory or the port? Looks good!
Dealer install. As far as I am aware there are no factory installs for the Golf, but there might be Port installed in the future.

#15 ·
Nice ride, sportriderseattle. Did you get the dealer to do the tint, too? If so, can I ask how dark the tint and how much they wanted?

I'm still waiting on mine and was thinking I want them to do the windows as well.
yes mine was handled thru the dealer and it's the Washington state legal 35%. I've had 20% on other cars and it's just a little to dark for me. 35% is very nice.

#18 ·
Yes, we should all (Vin, Pearl and Casper) all get together for a group photo shoot. I did indeed luck out with the weather on delivery day. Do you get down south often?

I am actually in the Kent-Des Moines area. I just saw another Mk6 Golf on the road for the first time this weekend. I was on I-5 driving down to Portland for the weekend. Still waiting to see another TDI.

#22 ·
I am taking delivery of a white 2010 Golf TDI next Tues. Interested in the body kit, poss rear spoiler first then add parts. Where can the parts be ordered? Thanks
right thru your VW part's department. your salesman should be able to get it all done for you.

I bet you're getting excited about now! ;)

#23 ·

looks good. a group photo would be interesting :D

#25 ·
How much did you pay for the paint job/installation and parts?
$2000+ for the lip spoiler, side skirts and roof spoiler and stainless exhaust tips

#26 ·
I am considering adding a spoiler.
I have not seen any pictures as good as these.
Good job. Thank you.:D
You have provided a very good photograph of the Votex spoiler fitment.
My goal is to find a spoiler that blends well with existing body-lines.
Particularly the line along the hatch door gap.
Notice were the spoiler joins the hatch, there appears to be a gap between the edge of the spoiler and the edge of the hatch creating a new body line.
If this new body-line is as prominent in-person as it is in the picture, the Votex spoiler is not for me.

Thanks again for the pictures.
Probably saved me some money.:nana2:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.