VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope i will get some help!!

I am having boost problems with my car! i have changed every vacuum line checked the vacum container changed n75 valve cleaned the turbo vanes... even changed the turbo and put vnt 20 from audi etc...

my problem is this my boost isnt rising syimetrical it goes up to 1.4bar till 2000rpm then it falls to 0.8bar and then after 3400 rpms gets to 1.4bar

after that it gets stronger but when it hits 4000rpmthen it goes into limp mode! and my ecu reports the 01268 fuel quantity adjuster!! ( i use brainbee diag)

and the second thing i noticed when i am in neutral gear and i press the brake after 3min my glow light begins to flash ! i test it and i get that those two switches arent synced!!

but after when i tried to look on the diag. it shows that my clutch sensor and bp switch aren activated at all!!

really would appreciate for some help! i ve ran out of ideas!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I'm not 100% sure on your car but it's possible for a faulty brake pedal switch to throw an error code and make the glow plug light flash. If you can monitor this sensor with your diagnostic tool in real time and press the pedal you should be able to tell if there is a problem.

The problem with the boost could be sticking turbo vanes or rod but it is very unusual for it to go from 1.4->.8->1.4. Normally it stays low or spikes and goes limp, not go from OK to low back to OK.

Do you have any chip tuning?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 i have a power box on it. but only thing that is different is the amount of boost with it or with out it. its a stupid error, i know, is it possible that the barometric sensor in the ecu is leaking pressure?
and no matter what i do to the car boost jumps then falls and then again jumps(all the time)when it goes to safe mode it goes after 4000rpms. and only in first and second gear it feels that he would go fast and powerful , but when i shift it into third all that power vanishes.

2 only thing i ve figured out that when in neutral and i hold the brake pedal for 5min the glow plug light starts to flash and then reports that there is unconsistent signal (00741) when i try to check sensors on brake pedal it says that brake light sensor is on when i press it but from another i dont get anything ,tomorow ill check the wiring some wiring diagram would be helpful!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The Passat we had in NA did not have VNT turbos. They did have a sensor in the ECU and it was a very common error for this hose inside the ECU to leak. Look through the mk3 FAQ for more on this problem. At least on our cars, it caused a check engine light.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in europe it has 81kw with vnt 15 turbo on it. i ve checked that allready wondering is there any way to test the sensor?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 Faults Found:
01268 - Quantity Adjuster (N146)
17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent
00519 - Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71)
28-10 - Short to B+ - Intermittent
00575 - Intake Manifold Pressure
17-00 - Control Difference
error codes by vag com.... those codes show

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Hi,
the error 01268 - Quantity Adjuster (N146) - 17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent indicates a problem with the quantity adjuster in the injection pump. You could check measuring block 19 with VCDS.
The other errors, 00519 - Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71) - 28-10 - Short to B+ - Intermittent,
and 00575 - Intake Manifold Pressure - 17-00 - Control Difference, are related to the charge pressure.
The first may be related to a too high pressure value or defective sensor, the second occurs when the measured pressure is too low compared to the intake air mass flow. As single error this would in most cases mean a leak, but the combination of both errors could indicate that the turbocharger functionally does not fit to the engine.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hello
thank you for your advice. i have a question is this possible to happen if its a bad ecu mapping in question?

group 019 seems to be in specs,
,i noticed that at WOT my reqested injection qty starts to rise after 2000rpms what can cause this i we checked every status in measuring blocks
,,only anomalies are with intake airflow(vnt 20 on, without remap)
440mg/R and it should be 250mg/r, and boost pressure isnt responding how it should
( guess this is caused by no remap,and serial injectors)
reqested pressure spikes , but at 2000rpms the actual starts to climb over 2.0bar
my vag scope map lokks like hell nothing isnt synced in those to measuring blocks(011,003)

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i have solved my boost problems, thanks guys for the ideas, my main problem was regulation of the vanes,it couldn`t get regulated properly because original vnt20 actuator is too big (it couldn`t be regulated with ecu properly,due to low vacuum that cuoldn`t regulate it, so it had very low movement) so i`ve changed it with one from newer mk4 golf alh, i needed to build an adapter and shorten the rod from the actuator to the lever on the turbine, ok when i did that only thing i needed to do was, adjust the vanes, and my car goes normal. thanks chitty, you are right i really need bigger nozzles and a quality remap, car now runs fine and it tops around 180km/h, now i have vector Pbox on it,thanks once again, greets :nana2: elvis

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
You're not running that monster turbo on standard nozzles? Lol nozzles are where the real power is. You can get great power with the right nozzle and smaller turbo apparently.

I've been talking to a guy called drivbiwire, this guy

http://www.dbwllc.net/nozzle-guides/ve-nozzle-guide/

Here's what he was telling me

"the problem is people get so focused on the turbo BS and they completely lack any understanding of diesel injection cycles...

Look at your car, stock turbo, PP764 and look at how it runs.

Take a fuel injection system with 40% more delivery capability (pressure wise) add a high flow nozzle, shape the combustion so it produces a cleaner combustion cycle, add a little bit of air pressure on the front end and you will be at 200hp pretty quick!

The key is not boost pressure but a more efficient combustion window, that is the key.

The real nice thing about this is that it makes the tuners job easier, since he has more range to work with thus he does not have to run the turbo or other aspects of the motor harder to get the power desired."

It kind of makes sense

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're not running that monster turbo on standard nozzles? Lol nozzles are where the real power is. You can get great power with the right nozzle and smaller turbo apparently.

I've been talking to a guy called drivbiwire, this guy

http://www.dbwllc.net/nozzle-guides/ve-nozzle-guide/

Here's what he was telling me

"the problem is people get so focused on the turbo BS and they completely lack any understanding of diesel injection cycles...

Look at your car, stock turbo, PP764 and look at how it runs.

Take a fuel injection system with 40% more delivery capability (pressure wise) add a high flow nozzle, shape the combustion so it produces a cleaner combustion cycle, add a little bit of air pressure on the front end and you will be at 200hp pretty quick!

The key is not boost pressure but a more efficient combustion window, that is the key.

The real nice thing about this is that it makes the tuners job easier, since he has more range to work with thus he does not have to run the turbo or other aspects of the motor harder to get the power desired."

It kind of makes sense
yes i am running those stock nozzles on that turbo :) that is the problem! just want to say in

my defense, that this car i drive daily, and so i dont have much time and money to keep it in garage, plus the IP technicians in my country probably know less than me about nozzles and fuel pumps(specs or parts at least, or they dont want to mess around with it,it isnt quick money for them), i`we read the guide for nozzles you gave me, and FAQ about it, but still cant decide what kind to use, bosio isnt quite avalible in my country, so my best shot is to find OEM bosch nozzles from AEL audi.
And i have a question do i need to adjust pop preesures of the injectors , and do i have to adjust the pump pressures,(about IQ i know) thanks elvis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts