VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have a 2006 Jetta TDI with a check engine light that has been on for a long time and have not been able to track down the problem. I pulled the code as soon as the light came on over a year ago. The code is a P0102 Mass Air Flow sensor Low Voltage. The sensor has been replaced, the grounds of been check (although correct wiring information is hard to come by on these cars), the intake has been smoke tested for leaks and found a cracked pipe and a rubber has with a pin hole. Unfortunately the code still returns after being cleared. The car doesn't have any serious symptoms other then a 1/2nd gear stutter occasionally. If throttle isn't released it will proceed to over fuel and poor black smoke out the exhaust. It drives and runs perfectly 90% of the time. Does anybody have any suggestions on what could be causing this problem?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Wiring I think, I remember someone over here with the same sort of problem and and an auto electrician replaced the wiring at the plug for the maf, that cured his car anyway, I expect you might have a similar issue. There's some info in the faq about the wires and what they should read with a multimeter.:)

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/maf-faq-tdi.htm

welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

VAG Error Code: 16486
EOBD II Error Code: P0102

Fault Location:
Mass air flow (MAF) sensor (G70), bank 1 - low input

Possible Cause:
Probably no serious malfunctions.
Loss of power.

Intake leak.
Air filter blocked.
Wiring short to earth.
Fuse.
Mass air flow (MAF) sensor (G70).
Mass Air Flow (MAF) (G70) defective.

Possible Solutions:
Check wiring and connections.
Check / Replace Mass Air Flow (MAF) (G70).

Special Notes:
In MY 1995-2002 (?) in Europe at VW-diesel-cars G70 had the bad reputation of slowly losing his performance, causing loss of power. It's not a matter of defective or breaking down, but it is filthy / dirty (not easy to clean). You can check functionality by making a log in [01-engine], [meas.blocks-08], group 003 (3e gear, full throttle, from 1700-4000rpm).

As taken from my http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f9/free-eobd-ii-error-codes-software-2919/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I'll double check the wiring connections. The link had a good idea for pressurizing the intake, I may have to try that if the wiring checks out ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts