VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I have tried searching the forum and Google for this topic however I haven't found much information. Apologies if I am re covering old ground.

I changed my brake pads a cupple of days ago on my Audi A6 Avant 55plate. I could not remove one of the handbrake motors as the bolt is really Rounded off unfortunately. I used a battery to turn the motor whilst winding back the piston on the end.

My service light is on but I have given the car a full service (all filters, new engine oil, new gearbox oil, timing belt, new clutch and new brakes all round disk's and pads) I know I can get the light off at the dealers but I would like something to do this myself, but also for next time something that can operate the service function for the handbrake motors.

I have looked at this
ANCEL VD500 OBD II Diagnostic Scanner for Volkswagen VW Audi Skoda Seat Check Engine Light EPB ABS SRS Code Reader Oil Throttle Position Adaption Brake Pad Reset Tool https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BS7PDC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jgz-Cb3NZVZ39

It says it re sets the oil service message would this just be the message that says a service is due or will it come up with other service messages in the future? Would this do both tasks I require and has anyone any experience of using these?

I'm very open to suggestions of different equipment people use and thoght I'd tap in to the knowledge o. Hear before rushing into buying anything.

Thanx in advance

·
Super Moderator
9,329 Posts
Generic scanners are cheap and give bad results. There is only one DIY scanner VAG-COM\VCDS.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
9,329 Posts
No its not VAG-COM\VCDS as that is only a cable which you download the software for a laptop. Current VCDS Release

There are cheap Chinese cloned cables on fleabay but good forums won't answer questions on these as they are a banned subject.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are cheap Chinese cloned cables on fleabay but good forums won't answer questions on these as they are a banned subject.
Where is the best place to get a cable. I have downloaded this software it has not charged me? An I right in thinking I just need to buy a cable? I was expecting to pay for downloading the program

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking at the shipping section of that website. It seems that the cable has lisance permissions too. Under enthusiasts ther are three options. My car is 2005 and as the ross-tech light says pre 2005 I am assuming that this would have to be 2004 and before?

·
Super Moderator
9,329 Posts
VCDS Compatibility Charts

The new system VCDS HEX-V2 Enthusiast 3 VIN $199 10 VIN $299 £298.55

I know they have wanted to stop these Chinese cloned cables for many years, but the new systems have different VIN numbers. That isn't the way to do it. The old cable I have is unlimited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts