VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Helms Inc. publishes the Chevy Cruze service manual. It appears to be a set of two books costing $200 according to their website. They were supposed to be available in early November but I have not received word back from them yet. You can go on their website and sign up to be notified when they will be available. These are the official factory authorized manuals AFAIK. Let me know if and when you get them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have HELMS manuals for my Caddy. They are by far the most comprehensive and detailed auto manuals that I have ever used. Worth every penny. Very complete and thorough step by step troubleshooting and expected results decision trees. Extremely detailed in all respects. These are what the dealerships use to fix their cars. I have 2 volumes for my Cad. Totals almost 3000 pages. One is just for engine and powertrain - 1200 pages of it. the other is for everything else. Very thin paper, so you have to treat with care. Well worth the money. Only bad thing is that to really delve in GM cars in general, you need their proprietary GM analyzer which will set you back at least a grand or so., however I hear that they are moving to a PC based software for newer cars. No vagcom here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just checked on the Helms website. They say that the 2014 Chevy Cruze service manual will be available on Feb. 20, 2014.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
There is some logic for there not exist an official service manual for the first two years, while the first version of this TDI is still under the original manufacturer's warranty.

No manufacturer would want owners to tamper with service of a car under warranty, particularly for new products that may be very sensitive to equipment mishandling.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, that shouldn't matter. You can work on your own car or take it somewhere else. When my dad bought his truck new in 2005 he was easily able to get the service manuals. Also in 1993 he got the service manuals for the same truck that is still running to this day. It's currently in my possession.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts