VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Service Manual? Jacking Blocks?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chittychittybangbang 
#1 ·
Hello,
I just bought a 2010 Jetta TDI. I already love this car. I just hit an average of 50 mpg on my 35 mile commute to work this morning.

I do all of my own service and repairs. I intend to service this Jetta once it is off of the VW provided service.

Does anyone know how much a VW complete service manual runs?

It appears that I need to get some adapter blocks to prevent damage to the rocker panels during jacking. Does anyone have a good source for these.

Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Dieseltommy. welcometomyturbodies
Does anyone know how much a VW complete service manual runs?

It appears that I need to get some adapter blocks to prevent damage to the rocker panels during jacking. Does anyone have a good source for these.
Well service prices will vary from country to country. I asked the cost of a service in the UK and they quoted £150. So while its under warranty for 3 years and has to be serviced by a reputable dealer I had the VW service plan 3 year or 30,000 mile for £250.

I'm not sure why you want these adapter blocks to prevent damage to the rocker panels? Now it maybe US/UK terminology but I don't know what you mean by rocker panels? The normal jacking points are on a specific point on the sills, whether you are after shaped blocks to do ths I'm only guessing.

Sills are ok for the emergency tyre change at the side of the road thats why manufacturers use them. They don't won't people getting on their hands and knees in good clothes trying to look where to position the jack to change a tyre.

There are load bearing members under the car that are perfect for positioning trolley jacks. ;)

#3 ·
ECS tuning sells sill adapters.

Some people take a hockey pick and cut a small groove in it and use that as a pad. I wouldn't use a piece of wood and do that because the wood can split.

And of course, see the legal disclaimer - that is just what some people have done, if you do it yourself you take all responsibility for how to do it so I recommend buying the ecstuning ones.

I do not recommend buying their jack pads that fit permantently in the underbody. Those are designed for use with a cr lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.