VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you, like me, browse multiple TDI forums, pardon the duplicate post . . . I meant to post here first.

My 2010 Jetta got its 10K service on Saturday. When I checked the service interval in the MFD, showed "Service in -------- miles or ---- days." I tried resetting it myself (through the menu) and I still get the same reading. I expected it to reset to 10,000 miles or 365 days. Does anyone know what is normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
reset problem

Hi all,i know that this was posted a while ago and would be insignificant now but i cant seem to start a new thread.
I got my 20,000 mile service today and the garage has reset the service indicator,thing is i know its meant to say "service due in ----,or ----days",but mine says service due in 5000 miles,i took it back when i noticed it and he reset it again,however it still says the same service due in 5000 miles,he said to give it a while to reconfigure itself,and says he has never seen that before and has reset 1000`s of service indicators and neve seen this,im sure the last one i got said service due in --- and after a couple of hundred miles it reconfigured,is it normal to say what it says on mine???

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You have an Audi A4. You can reset it to whatever value you want. I set mine to the maximum value, something like a few years. It sounds like his generic reset tool isn't setting high enough of a value. It does not reset after driving, it's instantly changed.

There could be something weird about your car or his tool cannot do it. However, all similar Audi are the same so I doubt he has never touched an Audi.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 2011 JSW did the same thing. It took about a week before the MFID posted a new target date and mileage remaining. I assume that it was collecting driving data so as to properly extrapolate the new maintenance date. I then reset the maintenance interval again (I had to understand why it did what it did), and it took another week of driving before it provided the updated projected maintenance interval date again.

I recommend you drive and wait, as it will likely provide the new date when their is enough driving data.

I reset the maintenance data thru the wheel mounted buttons and driving thru the MFID menus/prompts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts