VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I reset the Service Due display with the wrench symbol on my 2010 Audi A3 TDI without using the VCDS?
I tried and this didn't work:"With the car off, press and hold the "0.0" trip reset button at the bottom right of the instrument cluster.

Insert the key and turn it to "ON" but don't start the engine.

Let go of the "0.0" trip reset button.

It should still say "Service Now". Press the button for adjusting the clock minute, "M" on the bottom left side of the instrument panel. If that doesn't work, hold the trip reset button while pressing the clock minute button."

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
That works on Jetta but obviously your car muyst be different. Are there any clues in the owner's manual?
I've looked at the service manual, and tried it so many times I just gave up.

1. Turn ignition on. A wrench symbol appears on the instrument cluster display (Odometer area)

2. Pull knob (Trip odometer reset) located on the bottom of speedometer to activate reset mode.

3. Pull knob out again until display "SERVICE IN --- MILES"
or " SERVICE" appears in the display. If reset button is not pushed within 5 seconds, the display reset mode closes and will not reset counter

I think the only way to turn off the wrench icon is with a factory scan, unless someone has another idea.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure,but try pushing instead of pulling the knobs.

dweisel
Got it to work, first thing this morning, as instructed by pulling knob. The only thing remaining now is the wrench symbol. I guess I can live with that for the time being.
I wonder what are the dealers charging to do resets?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts